Submit Your Film to the Dam Short Film Festival
- The Dam Short Film Festival accepts for submission short films in any style or genre, whether it be live-action, documentary, or animation. Entries must have a total runtime of 40 minutes or less.
- Submission categories include Drama, Comedy, Animation, Sci-Fi/Horror, Documentary, Student, and Nevada Filmmaker.
- There is no year of production requirement or premiere requirement.
Submitting your film is easy! The Dam Short Film Festival accepts submissions through FilmFreeway and Withoutabox. Entries by mail are no longer accepted.
2017 Submission Schedule
|Super-Earlybird Deadline||April 20, 2016||$20|
|Earlybird Deadline||June 22, 2016||$25|
|Regular Deadline||September 29, 2016||$30|
|Late Deadline||November 29, 2016||$35|
|Submitter Notification||January 1, 2017|
Submissions in the Student and Nevada Filmmaker categories receive a $5 discount.
The Dam Short Film Festival does not offer fee waivers.
2. There will be 7 Award Categories with an Audience Choice Award presented in each. The Award Categories are: Best Drama, Best Documentary, Best Animation, Best Sci-Fi / Horror, Best Comedy, Best Nevada Filmmaker, and Best Student. Audience award-winners will be chosen by audience votes. In addition, there is one Best of the Fest Award, chosen by the audience. In the event of any voting discrepancy, the ruling of the festival organizers shall be final.
3. The Student category is open to students only. The submitted film must have been created while the film’s director or directors were enrolled at a school, college, or university. Proof of enrollment, such a copy of a student I.D., must be sent to the festival by email. If the director is not enrolled at the time of submission, or has graduated, proof of past enrollment must be submitted.
4. The Nevada Filmmaker category is open to any short that was created while the director or directors were residents of Nevada, or any short in which production primarily took place in Nevada. Proof of residency, such a copy of a driver’s license, must be sent to the festival by email.
5. An online screener may be submitted for festival consideration. Entrants may also provide an online link to a submission copy of the film. Selected films, however, must provide one of the following formats for exhibition: DCP (Digital Cinema Package), .mov (Quicktime), .wmv (Windows Media), .avi (Audio-Visual Interleaved), .mpg (MPEG or MPEG2). Official Selections must submit an exhibition copy by January 31, 2017. Electronic/online delivery of exhibition copies is encouraged. Physical copies of exhibition copy drives will be returned. Failure to submit an exhibition copy by January 31, 2017 (if your film is selected) will disqualify your film from all award considerations. Once a film is submitted and selected, it cannot be withdrawn from the festival.
6. Non-English language films must be subtitled in English, or contain minimal dialog.
7. Selected films will be notified by email on or around January 1, 2017.
8. Selected films will be responsible for the insured shipping of the exhibition copies to the festival. We encourage you to use Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation when sending via U.S. Mail. The festival encourages electronic/online delivery of DCPs; physical DCP drives that are mailed to the festival will be returned.
9. A press kit is not required for submission. Upon selection, filmmakers are highly encouraged to provide a electronic press kit.
10. The Dam Short Film Festival does not share Selection Committee comments or ratings with the public or submitting filmmakers.
11. The festival organizers may program selected films in any category or programming block deemed appropriate. Organizers also reserve the right to program selected films more than once during the festival.
12. All submission fees must be in U.S. funds. Films submitted without the correct payment will be disqualified.